SEER Ratings for Texas Homeowners Explained
As a homeowner, you want to keep your energy bills as low as possible and reduce the chances of needing air conditioning services, and understanding how the rating system works can help with this. There are many different efficiencies available on the market, so here's more on SEER ratings for your Texas home!
What is a SEER Rating?
If you have never heard the term before, the SEER rating is a way to grade the energy efficiency of your air conditioner or heat pump. The SEER system helps to establish efficiency by calculating the unit's cooling output and dividing it by the power input during the different seasons. This can help give you a better understanding of how your system will run and how much money you can potentially save by making your purchase based on this rating.
What SEER Rating Do You Need in Texas?
The SEER ratings can vary between 13 and 21 depending on the operating system. When it comes to ratings in Texas, the requirement is 14 because areas that have warmer temperatures will require more use of the air conditioners than other places in the United States.
In most cases, getting an air conditioner installation with a higher rating will cost more money for the initial purchase. But because they will perform better, this can lower your monthly energy bills and pay for themselves. Keep in mind that there are a few factors that will affect the energy savings for your home, and those are:
- What temperature your thermostat is set to
- How well your home is insulated
- If your ductwork is in good condition
- How often do you inspect and maintain the air conditioning unit
How are High-SEER Systems Beneficial?
Choosing a system that has a rating of 16+ or more can offer several benefits, including:
- Some advanced systems have a blower with variable speeds or a two-stage compressor which can help by reducing cold and hot spots in the home and lower humidity.
- The higher-rated systems may be more eco-friendly than others because of their ability to conserve energy.
- You can also get a federal tax credit by purchasing some Energy Star-approved air conditioners.
We Offer Trusted and Exceptional Services
Having the right SEER rating in your Texas home can help with energy conservation and save you money each month. If you're looking for a company specializing in air conditioning and heating services or are concerned about your indoor air quality, Smart A/C Services are your local professionals who offer five-star results in Texas.
Don't wait any longer to upgrade your air conditioning system; message us online or call us at 832-439-0758 for your free estimate today.